Amsterdam 40 uur per week In Overleg
Tech leadSolliciteer nu
Fit For Free / SportCity groeit en jij bouwt mee aan de groei van collega’s. Dagelijks zetten we ons in om de leden te helpen bij de vorming van een gezonde leefstijl. Vanuit ons Servicekantoor in Leiderdorp ondersteunen we bijna 120 clubs en bedienen we ruim 2.400 medewerkers. Voor meer informatie, zie www.fitforfree.nl en www.sportcity.nl
Fit For Free & SportCity are two large gym chains in the Netherlands with a strong track record of 20 years helping our members to lead happy and healthy lives. We are set re-defining the fitness industry by injecting digital products, talent and thinking from a range of different backgrounds to create Gym 2.0.
To start our journey, we are launching a digital experience that helps members to develop a habit of exercise by automatically generating workout plans based on their needs. It adapts in real-time to the situation and learns the more you use the platform. The first public product launch is planned for December 2019 and we expect to grow the team threefold over the course of 2020.
Though this is just the beginning …
As a Tech Lead you will join and lead a newly formed internal team to continue the journey towards gym 2.0. That means you will take control of leading the creation of a product aimed at helping users to build lifelong habits and (often) life changing results. This means being a co-author of a fitness experience that can shift lives by shaping an experience that generates real change in people’s lives.
The opportunity is to have high impact to a large and growing user base of close to 400.000 member is huge. You will be working with a talented team and be balancing your backlog and workload between optimizing an early base of a product to exploring untouched areas in health and wellness.
As a Tech Lead, you will work hand and hand with the Product Manager. You are a tight duo and help drive the Product team’s performance. The Tech Lead owns the technical decisions for the team. The TL is an executor and the visionary force behind the technical solution. This role is a combination of hands on work and team management. You will have 4 direct reports with expansion throughout 2020 and you report directly to the Chief Product Officer
- Designs the technical architecture and technical design of the product with the help of the team
- Guides project teams on coding practices, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Hands-on steers the technical team, specifically with code reviews and performance reviews
- Works with Product Manager to align the roadmap with opportunities within the technical stack
- Seasoned developer or technical lead with deep insight into Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Heroku and nice to have experience with functional programming (Scala)
- Can make architecture decisions at a team and product level
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams from tech, design, and business
- Experience with B2C digital products, ideally in setting with brick and mortar (e.g., fitness, retail)
Agile / Digital Experience
- Experience in Agile Development, with specific Solution Architect (or similar) experience preferred
- Understands relationship with Product Manager, Design Lead and rest of technical team
- 5+ years experience in technical role, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL on Heroku a bonus
- 2+ years experience coaching and leading people
- Strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions
- Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team’s potential
- High energy and passionate individual who inspires teammates to reach their maximum potential
- Excited about trying new solutions outside standard approved
- Embraces a culture of trust, free thought complete transparency
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust
- Experimental mindset to drive innovation
- Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Willing to work at our office in Amsterdam
Wat we bieden
- Een leuke baan bij een jonge en sportieve organisatie;
- een informele bedrijfscultuur met dosis humor en energie;
- kansen om jezelf te ontplooien;
- een marktconform salaris;
- 25 vakantiedagen per jaar en 8% vakantiegeld.